Monday 4 April 2005

Remedial Chewing Gum

Today, while enduring the long hours of misery in the College Library, I saw these kids playing cricket in the adjoining compund and was cursing my luck for having to wade through a 2500 page book full of intricacies of the law, which I may never actually use.

One of the remarkable features of this year's study time has been the sudden decrease in the amount that I chew my fingers and nails. Before you start jumping to conclusions, there's a reason behind it - remedial chewing gum. I've discovered that the urge to deposit pieces of nail and skin in the buccal cavity greatly reduces when there is already gum in it. So, for all the nail biters - you know the way through. And come to think of it - not chewing my hand for several hours a day has also reduced the amount I chew when there's no gum in the mouth.

The Pope passed away last evening - I guess it was just a question of when, when you see how bad his health was over the past few years. I just finished going through a feature on John Paul II on the Washington Post's site - most educative. TOI has high hopes putting an Indian Cardinal as a possible successor. I think that's a bit far fetched, even though it'll be great. After a non-Italian Pope for so many years, I'm pretty sure all of Italy, including the Cardinals will be eager to get the crown back home, so to speak.
Its a pretty monotonous and painstaking process to elect a new Pope - the Church should really listen to Kris Novoselic on one his Spitfire tours for election process options.

Nothing interesting is happening in my life and therefore the blogs will remain uninteresting too. Am also extremely zapped in the brain every evening - I shall nonetheless try and make myself laugh at my blog at least once a week - no quote today.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

it has also been scientifically proven that chewing gum can help increase the brain activities...You are able to think clearer and better when you are chewing gum and your concentration increases twicefold... ;)