Friday 1 April 2005

Info Boom on T-Shirts

I was absolutely dying to ride the bike yesterday. It was the last day that bikers in Bombay could legally go around without protecting their thick skulls. Unfortunately, my body's date clock has just switched off - what with everyday being a Sunday. So I only really found out it was the 31st in the middle of the afternoon. This sensational piece of information did two things; first, it made me realise that I only have 18 days to go before the Bombay University begins to undertake what a Professor of mine threatened to do, (and I'm sure they know how to do it too!)

Note: Apologies to non-classmates who don't get the above. To classmates and other aware GLC'ite readers - do not elaborate on the above in comments - my mother uses my blog to figure out the details in my life - all the best amma!

The second thing the information brought about was really a consequence of the first, that seeing as there are only 18 days left - you better not be indulging in bike rides to nowhere. Much depression followed for the next 2-3 minutes. Then came some food and all was well again.

Speaking of food, it's absolutely astounding how a little morsel of moderately decent tasting food can do wonders for your mood as well as concentration. I've also found that exam time is the best time to read mundane and incredibly long articles in a journal I subscribe to.. it is extremely difficult to go through these 50-odd page articles in the usual course of things.

Call this disconnected thought if you will, but for some reason I just remembered a T-Shirt that was being peddled around in my Delhi school, which read 'I am a Modernite, who the hell are you?' (Correct me if I'm wrong anna)

I also recall some sort of uproar amongst the teachers about this T-Shirt and if I wasn't going through one of my periodical non-lucid intervals, I believe the Principal addressed the issue in assembly. As a mature 11 year-old, one is very much in touch with the extremes of morality, and whatever the Principal said was absorbed like a sponge. The effect of his cogent putting down of the T-Shirt's literature wore off by the time I hit 12. I'm actually wondering what the GLC T-Shirt should say. Perhaps:
'It is hereby communicated to one and all that the wearer of this article of clothing is a GLC'ite. The wearer hereby inquires who, in the name of the Devil's permanent residence, is the beholder of the aforementioned article."

The first GLC T-Shirt that came out was positively atrocious, the second so-so, but better. I'd like to see a really good third one - ideas as to what colour combo, literature etc. are welcome. Something that people will look at and smile/laugh please.

Have to get on to studying now - so I shall wrap this blog up with a verse from this Nirvana song which has been ringing in my head since yesterday, called 'Milk It'. It is one of Kurt Cobain's extremely random acts of song writing - but I shall give you one of the more lucid verses. The song led me to figure out what endorphins are:

"I am my own parasite,
I don't need a host to live.
We can feed off of each other,
we can share our endorphins."

No comments: