Tuesday 9 October 2007

WC Predictions - updated

Ok - so I went 2/4 in my QF picks and of the 2 that missed - one really felt lousy. Such a bad match - they ought to hang their head in shame. I could only pick out 2 All Blacks who had a decent game - Richie McCaw and Alli Williams - the rest were simply pathetic. But due credit to the French - to push back two 15 plus phases in their own 22 in the last 10 mins without a penalty was simply amazing (one was lost by a needless knock-on; the other at phase 27 by a turnover).

So now it falls upon me to pick the next round. So here goes:

I suspect that England are going to turn it around on the French at th Stade de France. After the 2 pre-WC poundings, I just have this gut feeling that they're going to make it good with their front row. The only thing that might turn it is the crowd, Chabal and Michelak - the latter two basically did it for the French against the ABs.

The other SF is going to be an unfortunate blow-out. The Springboks all the way. The Argentine backs and Hernandez aren't going to be kicking their way to victory with Monty playing at 15.

1 comment:

Saranya said...

I think the French might pull it off. Just want it more and the fact that England are entirely reliant on Johnny having a good game. I think if the French pressure Johnny they have an equal chance of winning.