Wednesday 18 April 2007

Power of...well, power

Thanks to an absolutely infuriating and terribly annoying sequence of events over the course of approximately 3 hours this evening, I did what I've never done before - study by candlelight.

After the first outtage(is it with a double 't' or single? Just seems wrong with one), we decided to play some cricket in the corridors. Fear of the annoying watchman (a confirmed squealer) on duty tonight meant we wrapped that up after a couple of games.

What made the outage (does it seem right now? No!) worse was that there were only select parts of the hostel that had lost power. The 5th floor was ok as was the 3rd and the one light in the corridor on the 4th that we used to play cricket by.

Once the fuse (or whatever was wrong) was fixed, all seemed well and the studying began, before the power went again in a matter of less than 30 minutes. This time I had to keep studying Copyright and so produced the candle that PS kindly donated to me at the time of the last exams for exactly such an eventuality...god bless.

Have now decided to pick up a candle tomorrow to prepare not for fuse burnouts, but actual outtages (both seem wrong) which Bombay is currently under a serious threat from. TPC says that there is no need to resort to it at the moment, but will be on an as-and-when-it-comes-to-it basis.

One of favourite new Maiden songs now - its really a lovely song. This one is from Matter of Life and Death...called 'Different World'

"Tell me what you can hear
And then tell me what you see
Everybody has a different way to view the world
I would like you to know when you see the simple things
To appreciate this life it's not too late to learn

Don't wanna be here
Somewhere I'd rather be
But when I get there
I'm afraid it's not for me"

No comments: