Tuesday 5 June 2007

Lost - then found...and how

On my ride into town yesterday morning, I managed to somehow jump the phone out of my pocket on to the road. After realising it some way down, I head back as far as the start of the Mahim causeway - looking down at the road and asking every BMC sweeper on the way whether he/she had found a phone. No luck...

I then proceed to report late on my first day and do the customary lockdown of the sim. Calling didn't seem to help... I reckoned a car had probably gone over it.

At around 2:30, appa calls saying that somebody found the phone, somehow got in touch (some details still unclear) and had left it at a dry cleaners which is pretty much where I went back trying to retrace. (start of the causeway, if you're heading north). I rush back and retrieve the phone...but the good samaritan isn't there anymore...

I was right about one thing - a car did go over it, from the looks of things. No more dabba criticism now please - its working fine this morning.

A word of appreciation also for the call centres who I continually bash around.

That's the great part about this city - not so much the actual fact that one can get his phone back in this manner, but that it never stops throwing surprises at you.

I think I'm going to miss this place...

1 comment:

Johnny said...

that's just amazing...glad u got ur phone back...better back than never, no matter wat condition it is in...