Monday 21 May 2007

Of Grief

The locks are gone...

As I walked into the barber's, he takes a look at me, desperately hoping that I'm there for a shave and nervously asks, "Haircut?".

Me: Haan
Barber: Setting karna hai
Me: Nahin, chota chahiye

At this stage I can hear him cursing Fate under his breath, as also the other barbers at the place.

What ensues is unarguably the longest haircut I have ever had, both in terms of time and hair. It takes a little over 35 minutes. During the course of this 'process' ('event' seems too momentary a word to use), I learn a great deal about hair. For instance:

The position of your parting depends on how the hair is cut. It seems to explain why I was unable to get a middle parting going at the peak of my hair presence. It also seems to explain how NY managed that new hairstyle of hers sometime back. (my brag about me having more hair than her no longer stands...)

Even N, the friendly vaahan chaalak was most disappointed when I returned with my present ishstyle. He, alongwith one half of the grand-parents and the scores(?) of my ardent followers all endorsed how good the hair was looking.

And so I return to my grief...

The camera battery gave up as I was transferring the before and after pics and so the scores(?) of loyal readers of this blog will have to wait another day for them...

"If I cancel tomorrow the undead will thank me today
Fly in the space of your prophets I mock your morality plays.
The moon is red and bleeding, The sun is burned and black
The book of life is silent, No turning back.

Only the good die young
All the evil seems to live forever"

Only The Good Die Young by Iron Maiden


1 comment:

Rachael said...

So sorry about your hair!

As one with former long locks glory, I can readily sympathize.

I need to update my blog, basically have been writing the updates in S's comments!

Yeah, you are coming to NYC!! Where will you be working? My best friend just graduated from law school and her roomate is in NYC now studying for the bar.

Keep in touch! (rachael.mallis@gmail.com)