Friday 14 December 2007

The General Returns

As BBC goes bonkers with its analysis of Capello taking over - here's my 2 paise worth. The best part of why I think the 'General' (or is it dictator? certain countries seem to confuse the situation!) will do well is that he's one of the few managers in the world who can deal with a 'superstar' team.

I still remember calling RK from Delhi in August this year feeling absolutely ecstatic and somewhat confused when Real sacked him. He's the only reason Barca lost the La Liga last season. Real were in disarray at the start of the season and Capello got that team together with all their ego issues.

He's got almost a year before England's schedule lifts off, so knowing - him he'll probably even learn English by then. I just have a gut feeling that the 3rd most under-performing national team (1st two being Spain and the Dutch, in that order) will do well.

And oh yeah - I think Beckham may get a look in now...

No comments: