Saturday 8 September 2007

Distractee's distractions

In what it is usually the only time I blog, I have tried very hard and unsuccessfully to get some serious reading done all morning. The inability to concentrate has led me to do the reading for Intl Law which is pretty much the easiest and arguably the most enjoyable class I have, primarily thanks to the presence of an Aussie at the helm...

There are a number of reasons that reading has been rather ineffective this morning:
  • Following the triple Rugby mauling by NZ, Aus and Eng on BBC Sport (although one can argue that Eng's win was far from a mauling)
  • Following the 2nd innings of the Lord's match on radio - it was wonderful to hear Henry Blofeld's voice again. Not quite the same reaction about India's performance though.
  • Watching Monza qualifying online
  • Lack of food in the stomach and excess of other things from last evening - details are best left undisclosed
  • Lovely riff
  • Trying to find a site where I can watch the WC.
Amex has sponsored a large screen in Madison Square Park where the tennis is being shown and I am now considering packing a few books and heading there for the 2nd Semi-Final. Somehow I have absolutely no inclination to catch the women's final this evening.

In other news - I bumped into IS at one of the numerous receptions I have been attending over the past 2 weeks in our eternal quest for free food and daru. IS turns out to be someone I knew from Delhi nearly 10 years ago. Having said that - it did take us a fair bit of PC to establish the link - god bless the Brits and all that they have taught me.

NYC continues to be bathed with wonderful weather, which is an absolute pity since I seem to be stuck indoors battling with reading backlog.

"We were always free to choose
Never free enough to find"

- Overcome by Live

No comments: