Sunday 9 October 2005

Happenings, yet no roll

It's been a long long time since my last blog. The reason why you'll start seeing more blogs now is that I'm into study mode - so basically, anything to get away from it. Life has been madly uninteresting over the past few weeks. Not that I'm complaining though. Events in my life:

  • Won another 2nd place. This time in an elocution... "is Bombay sitting on a ticking time bomb"
  • Did my grand moot. After implementing a system that puts people through 3 rounds to get a national, I decided I'd like to give it a go. Did the 1st two rounds - a really sidey criminal brief. When I say sidey, I mean it was bad! Anyone reading this who knows the problem setter, you can tell him - I think he already knows this. Decided not to do the 3r round and get a national - because I really just dont feel like mooting.
  • Lost an essay competition - MR and I went to check results and I 'won' a consolation prize. "Theosophy" by Annie Besant - 1997 edn. I forgot to take it away from MR when I dropped her home and it seems she lasted all of 5 pages.
  • Started studying...details unimportant
  • Cleaned up my table an hour before this blog
  • Won an 'acceptance' at my first try at the PSI monthly comp. Here's the photo that got accepted:



This was taken on a morning walk in Munnar last December. That's a sprinkler system working on a tea estate.

  • Finished reading Media Control by Chomsky. Just a very understood sort of book. No thought really. Rating 2/5
  • Laughed my head off at the following:
    • Salman Rushdie and Sunita Narain being nominated among the 100 greatest thinkers of today
    • IAEA being given the Nobel Peace. (Bob Geldof would have been a better option. Also Bono remains the perennial nominee. If you ask me - Bill Gates had a better chance than the IAEA, despite not being nominated.
  • Became the Jt. Sec of the Bazm-e-Urdu. A defunct committee in College. When asked by the prof-in-charge to join, I very honestly said "Ma'am, I cant speak Hindi...Urdu????". Anyway there was some bash -which I conveniently avoided.
  • Virtually absolved myself of all college duties - now that the Law Review has gone into print.
  • Trashed the quality of GLC profs in my vote of thanks after YV Chandrachud's lecture (with a good strong dose of sarcasm naturally). I am most kicked about it. As one person giving me a review said - "I doubt anyone would have tried or pulled that off". The unfortunate part was the students were relatively quiet, only smiling away. The profs in the 1st row went mad...beaming and exchanging looks. I don't know if they got it and were smiling in embarassment or are so thick that they actually thought it was a compliment.
That's about it. As you can see- madly uninteresting.

Anyway - shall sign off before I ramble.


"He was like a cock who thought the sun had risen to hear him crow"

-George Eliot, perhaps describing my anti. ;))

1 comment:

Johnny said...

nice pic dude...