Tuesday 13 September 2005

21 birthdays and going strong

Another birthday, another cake, another year added to the tally. Nothing special.

I've never quite grasped the concept of celebrating one's birthday. As anna put it, one day I'm 'n' years old and the next it's 'n+1'. Even some of my birthdays which I've enjoyed the most (18th and 20th for example), I've always found myself rationalising at the end of the day.

Is it just another day? Or is it a day where everyone decides to try and make one person feel special. (in return for goodies, one might add!) I don't really know, and if I were to pick an ideal b'day, it would have to be just chlling out at home with family and some friends I can be myself around.

It's been an interesting few days. On Saturday night, I did something I've never done before. After a small evening get together (an advance bash, using the weeekend), A & A stayed back at home. Amma had much coaxing to do to obtain requisite permissions from the respective mothers.

What started as a plan to watch the Agassi-Ginepri and Federer-Hewitt matches quickly turned into something different. A mega-binge on NFS-Porsche Unleashed was followed by a perusal of the photos from the summer, while we tried to stay awake. Then at around 1, we began watching the Federer match. After watching the 2nd set go to Federer, we went for a long walk initially in the dry and then some pretty hard stuff.

Amongst things we saw - a Merc CLS, a guy voluntarily retching, a lot of rain and the Grant Road station clock showing '03:05'. We got to bed at around 5 - 5:30.

That's a pretty cool b'day bash...even without anna.

Of course, at around 5:15 or so, I heard myself rationalising in my sleep... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe...nice to be a part of ur great day...and make u feel better!
Good to see u up and running. All the best with ur moots!

Johnny said...

Sorry couldn’t be there to celebrate it with you mate...hope u had a wonderful day and A & A made up for my absence :). Hope u have a wonderful year ahead of you, all the best dude.